Post Intensive Care Syndrome
PICS "Self Test"
This PICS Self-Test was created by After the ICU, see www.aftertheicu.org, in consultation with participating physicians, psychiatrists, psychologists and other critical care specialists.
Instructions: Answer the following questions to the best of your ability. Upon completion of the test, use the Scoring Guide to analyze your results. This self test should take no more than 15 to 20 minutes.
If you believe that you have PICS then please share your self-test results with medical professionals. This test CANNOT diagnosis PICS. Only a doctor or qualified mental health professional can make a diagnosis of PICS. To further explore whether you may be a PICS sufferer, some things to consider include:
● Tell family members and/or caregivers about your condition, so they can understand, support and help you find appropriate medical treatments.
● Educate yourself about PICS, so you can better understand what you are experiencing, you can find detailed research and other information at: www.aftertheicu.org.
● Make an appointment with your primary care physician and bring your self-test results with you to the appointment.
● Make an appointment with an After the ICU team member, to share your self-test results. You can reach us toll free at: 833.Post.ICU or via email at: email@example.com. (If you do not live in the Boston area, we can meet with you via phone or via an Internet conference for a confidential consultation).
● Ask for a recommendation from After the ICU for a trained professional, therapist, psychologist, psychiatrist, or practitioner in your area by calling us toll-free at: 833.Post.ICU or via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
● Reach out and connect with other PICS survivors by subscribing with us at our website: www.aftertheicu.org.
++ This self-test and all communications with After the ICU are subject to the terms and conditions set forth at www.aftertheicu.org.